If you love to make things and want to turn it into a business, it's not as hard as you think.
Great ways to locally showcase your work are:
- Small Businesses – Call them or email them and see if they're interested.
- Art Shows – Start small and get larger. This is a great way to get feedback from customers.
- Parades – Have a booth at a parade. Usually these are much cheaper than art shows.
- Fairs – Enter your county fair or any local fairs. They are always looking for booths & artists.
- Online - Start an online shop through Facebook and Etsy. They are great for showcasing local artwork!
These are great ways to promote your work since the customers are already there. You don't have to go out and find individual customers. It costs money but can really help in the long run. Another bonus is if you don't reach your break even point then you just spent the money on promotions. Sales & Promotions help any small business grow!