Sunday, April 12, 2015

Don't Write Essays

Here's the deal, we only have a few seconds to catch a customer's attention so make it quick. If you're reading a story you want to read the fluff, not when you're finding out information.

  1. Use Bullet Points – Visually pleasing
  2. Get to the Point – Who, What, Where, Why, When, How
  3. I am Bored – If you don't get to the point right away, no one is reading it.
  4. Busy – I'm too busy to care about reading anything
  5. Attention Span – Thanks to the ever changing marketing and media around us, I now have the attention span of a fly.


Don't bore me with your bullshit. Get to the point and answer my question. If I'm reading a story online about a robbery that took place don't tell me the color of the guy's underwear. Tell me who did it, where they live, where the crime was, what the crime was, if they were caught and if everyone is okay. Just the necessary things.

No comments:

Post a Comment